maandag 24 december 2012

SOME GIRLS BITE

CHICAGOLAND VAMPIRES #1 : SOME GIRLS BITE

First in a brand new series about a Chicago graduate student's introduction into a society of vampires.

Sure, the life of a graduate student wasn't exactly glamorous, but it was Merit's. She was doing fine until a rogue vampire attacked her. But he only got a sip before he was scared away by another bloodsucker-and this one decided the best way to save her life was to make her the walking undead.

Turns out her savior was the master vampire of Cadogan House. Now she's traded sweating over her thesis for learning to fit in at a Hyde Park mansion full of vamps loyal to Ethan "Lord o' the Manor" Sullivan. Of course, as a tall, green-eyed, four-hundred- year-old vampire, he has centuries' worth of charm, but unfortunately he expects her gratitude- and servitude. But an inconvenient sunlight allergy and Ethan's attitude are the least of her concerns. Someone's still out to get her. Her initiation into Chicago's nightlife may be the first skirmish in a war-and there will be blood.

REVIEW :
I was really looking forward to start this series. I had heard so much about the chicagoland vampires, that  they are a must read for people who are into the supernatural genre etc etc.
But honestly, I was quite dissapointed, I had hoped that it would be something like the Mercy Thompson series from Patricia Briggs, which I really love, but it wasn't. 
This book was funny and interesting to read though. It was the second book that really made me decide to take a break from this series.

Okay, so in general this book was fun to read and interesting, as it is another different take on the vampire genre, and the main character, Merit, didn't want to become a vampire. That made for an interesting twist. Because it is the first in the series they explain alot and you get to know the characters, which in this case I really liked and made me want to read the second book. On the background there is a plot that makes the puzzle complete, and makes for an overall good and enjoyable read.
You are instantly pulled into the plot and intrigue. Merit and Mallory are fun ( a little like Scout and Lilly, from Chloe Neills dark elite series). Ethan is a strange and unpredictable man (who I still have to figure out)And Catcher is a great, typical and interesting guy, and I think we will get to see a lot more of him throughout the series. Merit and Ethans relationship got really really irritating sometimes ( I hope that will change soon, but I'm not getting my hopes up).

So my 'veto' is that you should try this book and then pick up the second book, if you like the second book you will probably LOVE this series. Otherwise I think you will share my oppinion.
So I gave this book 3,5 roses.

PS; sorry if this review is a little bit messy, maybe I will rewrite this review sometime.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten