woensdag 12 december 2012

GODDESS OF LIGHT

GODDESS SUMMONING #3 : GODDESS OF LIGHT
Tired of dating egomaniacs, interior designer Pamela Gray has nearly given up on men. She wants to be treated like a goddess - preferably by a god. As she whispers her wish, she unwittingly invokes the goddess Artemis, who has some tricks up her celestial sleeve...Twins Artemis and Apollo have been sent to the Kingdom of Las Vegas to test their mantle. Their first assignment: make Pamela's wish come true. So Artemis volunteers her golden brother. After all, who better than the handsome God of Light to bring love to this lonely woman? It might be a first but here in Sin City, where life is a gamble, both god and mortal are about to bet on a high-stakes game of love.

Review:   (SPOILER ALLERT, also don't read this review if you haven't read Rapture from Lauren Kate)
The beginning was quite slow but when it finally got up to speed it's really worth the wait. 
Pamela is a fun character, the way she discribes the architecture and design is quite funny.
Eddie is great as a character on the side, he has his own kind of wisdom, and his advise is remarkable accurate most of the time. Artemis is in the beginning a real bitch, but as she meets Eddie and falls in love with him she softenes quite a bit.
What I love about this book is that Lina and Hades (from goddess of springfrequently come back in this book because of their friendship, Apollo kind of needs their advise.
The ending is beautiful and I would have never expected it to end like that but honestly I didn't like it very much, I like the happy endings in the goddess summoning books and with this ending I wasn't completely sattisfied. (When I read Rapture from the Fallen series from Lauren Kate I got a little deja vu, Daniel and Luce's ending was almost the same, but in that book I did like the ending like that) 
I strongly recommend reading goddess of spring first before starting goddess of light, because of the reappearance of Hades & Lina.

I give this book 4,5 roses because of the ending, over all it was a nice read that I really enjoyed.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten