zaterdag 22 december 2012

GODDESS OF THE ROSE

GODDESS SUMMONING #4 : GODDESS OF THE ROSE
It's not green fingers that have kept the Empousai family's roses blooming for centuries - it's the drops of blood that their women secretly sacrifice for their gardens. But Mikki would rather forget this family quirk and lead a normal life. Until the day she unwittingly performs a ritual and ends up in the strangely familiar Realm of the Rose. As its goddess, Hecate, reveals to her, Mikki has the blood of a high priestess running through her veins. And the realm has been waiting for her ...In a long ago flash of temper, Hecate cursed her Guardian beast with a slumber that only her priestess can undo - and Hecate is counting on Mikki to set things right. At first the beast terrifies Mikki - but soon he intrigues her more than any man ever has. But the only way he and the realm can be saved is for Mikki to sacrifice her life-giving blood - and herself ...

REVIEW :
I just keep loving these books. I love them, I devoured them. 
This story is an adult and way more interesting version of "beauty and the beast".
Mikki is a strong person, and Asterius is such a special character. Asterius is the beast in the story, he is troubled and distrusting because he was betrayed by the previous empousa (the bitch ;) ). He is fascinating and so sad, and that's why I love the ending and the way that the love between Mikki and Asterius grows and developes.
The goddess Hecate seems a little harsh, but I think that under that harsh layer is a loving and forgiving goddess. Which I find a lovely aspect of a goddess.

If you are looking for a special and romantic story, you should really read this book.
The goddess summoning books are pretty predictable, but that's NOT a bad thing. The set-up and plot are pretty basic, its the turns, twists, worlds, love and characters that Ms Cast creates that are the reason that this series has a special place in my (book) heart.
I just keep screaming and crying (mentally) near the end of the book, when there is a special turn where you think "noooo, why". But there is always a little voice in the back of my head that says "Ms Cast would never leave you with that feeling at the end of her books", and trust me she never does, she leaves you with a "happy sigh feeling" (I hope you know what I mean by that), and that's a comforting thought (to me).

I give this book 5 roses (I know, it seems like I'm giving all these books 5 roses, except goddess of light.)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten