maandag 1 april 2013

SHADE

SHADE TRILOGY #1 : SHADE
Best. Birthday. Ever. At least, it was supposed to be. With Logan's band playing a critical gig and Aura's plans for an intimate after-party, Aura knows it will be the most memorable night of her boyfriend's life. She never thought it would be his last.

Logan's sudden death leaves Aura devastated. He's gone.

Well, sort of.

Like everyone born after the Shift, Aura can see and hear ghosts. This mysterious ability has always been annoying, and Aura had wanted nothing more than to figure out why the Shift happened so she can undo it. But not with Logan's violet-hued spirit still hanging around. Because dead Logan is almost as real as ever. Almost.

It doesn't help that Aura's new friend Zachary is so understanding--and so very alive. His support means more to Aura than she cares to admit.

As Aura's relationships with the dead and the living grow ever complicated, so do her feelings for Logan and Zachary. Each holds a piece of Aura's heart...and clues to the secret of the Shift.

REVIEW:

I had to read this book, P.C Cast liked it and the other series I read about ghosts was so refreshing that I was instantly triggered to buy it.
Am I happy I did that, because I loved this book. The world where people from after the shift see ghosts and how they use it to get justice is great, I wish I could see ghosts (technically I was born after the shift ;) )
Aura is such a fantastic character, she has a great group of friends. Logan and Aura are a great couple but I have to say I'm team Zachary (oh yeah). He is so understanding and sweet (and patient, although he's not a bloody saint, as he says it) oh and did I mention that I love that he's Scottish.

I certainly recomment this book to anyone who likes P.C Cast's books, but it's absolutely nothing like her books it's great on it's own.
Definitely worth five roses.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten