vrijdag 12 april 2013

MOONLIGHT

DARK GUARDIANS #1 : MOONLIGHT


I see him and I know what this turmoil inside of me means: He's the one. My forever. 

KAYLA is the nature lover, the all-American beauty who can't understand why she's so drawn to distant, brooding Lucas. Adopted as a young child, she has no way of knowing that she's inherited a terrifying-and thrilling-gene that will change her life forever.

LUCAS is dangerous, gorgeous ... and a werewolf. As leader of the Dark Guardians, shape-shifters who gather deep within the state park, he has sworn to protect his pack. But when Lucas finds his true soul mate, his love could put them all in harm's way.

As Lucas and Kayla struggle with their feelings for each other, a greater danger lurks: Humans have discovered the Dark Guardians and are planning their destruction. Kayla must choose between the life she knows and the love she feels certain is her destiny.

REVIEW;

I first heard about this series from Savannah (bookswithbite), there has not been a lot of hype around this series which is not particularly a bad thing. Overhyped books can be disappointing sometimes.
I like series where every book follows a different character, but still has the others on the sidelines. I also really like the thought of soulmates (in these books they are called mates).

This book follows Kayla who has a really strong character, she cares about the people around her and is sincerely intersted or consurned about them. Kayla does not know about werewolves/shifters but gradually discoveres them in this book, which I think is a very clever way of introducing a new world to a reader.
Lucas is dark and brooding but Kayla starts feeling like he is more then she thought, although he doesn't really show interest in her she starts having strong feelings for him.
In the end this book was refreshing when it comes to the shifter/werewolf genre, the whole sociaty was a real plus.

I have to say that I don't like the cover, it's hideous. The girl on the cover has to represent Kayla, but in my mind she is way sweeter (though the hair is correct.)

Because it was quite a slow start and everything was very obvious to me I give it 3,5 roses

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten